cute tiger cub

Monday, September 12, 2011

This is Me in 3!


Guess what I am doing right now? I am staring blankly at my computer screen trying to figure out the third thing that describes me! The first two came to me very easily -- all my books and my tennis racket. But I just can’t figure out what the third thing should be. A million things are going through my head right now but I have to find the perfect one, the one that will be the final piece for me that I will be sharing with you. Something that I love dearly and gives me love, joy, can bring back beautiful memories from the past and maybe even from the present! I know it, my big stuffed pink toy dog. I know it sounds silly but I love that dog and I have had him since I moved to Malaysia.

I love reading; everyone who knows me knows I love reading. When I really like a book I can feel everything in it. I feel as if I am in a new world, a new person! Sometimes I get so lost in a book that when my mom calls me, I can’t hear her (I get in trouble for that all the time!). I have only been in three countries: India, Malaysia and Singapore. However, in books I have been to England, Hogwarts, Elantya, Medieval times, Forks, dancing with the 12 dancing princesses, in the labyrinth with Annabeth and many more! As you can see I only like to read fantasy, fiction , romantic fiction (e.g., Twilight) and adventures. But all the non-fiction and biographies bore me. My parents try to make me read them but I don’t. I feel sleepy when I try to read non-fiction or biographies. When I walk into Kinokuniya, MPH or Times I feel like I am a five year old again and I get to pick out a new Barbie doll! Any place that is filled with books is like my own wonderland, a portal to many different worlds, like the library where they have plenty of books, it’s my favorite place in the school. I sometimes spend hours on the library catalog trying to find a good book to read!

My tennis racket is important to me because my brother is really good at tennis and I am taking lessons with his old coach. I hope to be as good as he is someday. I do lessons every Sunday. Sometimes when my brother coaches me I feel like he really cares about what I am doing and how good I am. He spends the whole hour we booked the tennis court for coaching me when he could be doing wall practice! I feel like he really cares about me. It’s like our special bonding time. I really suck at serving so my brother spent a half an hour trying to teach me how to do it properly! Thanks to him I am much better at service now. When I pick up my tennis racket, I tie up my shoe laces and make sure my water bottle is full then I turn myself onto alert mode. When I am running around hitting the ball on the court I feel alive, sporty and healthy. I feel strong when I really am not! The ball comes towards me and everything is slowing down: my pony tail bounces on my back, sweat trickles down my spine and head, my hands move in a circular motion and hit the ball with all the strength they can muster. That's what it feels like to play tennis, for me. I love it, it is a part of me and always will be!

My big pink stuffed dog’s name is Purple because she has a big purple nose . To me Purple is not a stuffed dog; to me she is a protector, a guardian or my very own archangel. Whenever I have a nightmare she is always lying there on my bed and I grab hold of her pull her close and fall asleep feeling safe! Do you ever get the feeling when you look at someone or something that you think will protect you for the rest of your life and always will be there for you? Well Purple is the dog who I wiped my tears on when I was upset about something. She was the dog I held onto when I woke up in the middle of the night with a terrible nightmare still playing in my head! She is very battered right now but she has all these good memories! Like the first time I ever scared my brother, he was about to turn the corner and I threw Purple at him: he was so surprised that he jumped back and almost toppled over! That was one of the funniest memories ever! Purple is a big part of my life I will never throw her away or do anything to her that will take her away from me!


No comments:

Post a Comment