cute tiger cub

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I Remember......

We had the honor of meeting the famous poet, Taylor Mali, in our Humanities class. He talked about his work. But then he talked about his memories. He talked about his early mother's memories, his brother's early memories and he made us all laugh with his funny faces. That inspired us to think about our early memories.

I remember making a makeshift hut with my bed, blanket and books, but it didn't work because the books fell on my head, when I was 5.

I remember helping my mom and my brother make red Thai curry except we had a little malfunction and it turned green

I remember on my 8th birthday a parrot asked for my rainbow ice-cream.

I remember waking up in the middle of the night and hearing my brother talk, I was still afraid of the dark then and I asked him if he could go and turn on the light so I could go to the bathroom. But I didn't realize he was sleep talking.

I remember my cousin picking me up from art class, when a pack of stray dogs started chasing us. They chased us all the way to my front door.

I remember playing on a make shift swing my father made for me. When I was high up, one of the ropes broke and I fell I had enough sense to duck before the swing came back and hit me.

I remember stealing mangoes from the kitchen, until my mother caught me and for my punishment I had to watch everyone eat mangoes while I had nothing.

I remember when I first came to KL, I had never worn short socks so I thought my parents had bought me baby socks.

I remember fighting with my cousin over a pink color pencil (our favorite color was pink!)

I remember crying when my mom told me we were going to move to Malaysia.

No comments:

Post a Comment