cute tiger cub

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

City Connection Kolkata







I did my city connection presention on Kolkata, India. I think I got all my information right. I got some statistical information and I have found enough information for the history of Kolkata. I also found alot of information on the enviromental factors. Like the Hoogly river provides all of the fresh water supply in Kolkata. And Kolkata is huge! And the national animal of India the Royal Bengal Tiger is found in the Sunderbans Forest! Part of the Sunderbans Forest is in Kolkata. I also think that I spoke loudly and clearly for my presentation! And that it wasn't too long.




In my future presentations I would like to improve my script and layout of the presentation. In my script I just had a bunch of information. I could have been more creative and played around with words! But I didn't I just put down a bunch of information that I was going to say. But it probably wan't really as interesting as it could have been. If I had made more interesting words and sentences. And I could have found other interesting facts that is not how long the Hoogly river is or how much land the Sunderbans take!


I learned that it is easier to find out what kind of information you are going to find. Because then you won't be looking for random facts. You would be looking for something specific. So you won't have spend hours thinking about what you should be looking for. Like pretend you were looking up the history of Kolkata you could just type in Kolkata History and there you can look at a bunch of sites that will tell you about the history of Kolkata and you have your information on the history. Also you should find your information before you start making your presentation. Because then you could just but then information into sentences or paragraphs and put it on your presentation. You should do that because if you do your presentation and information at the same time then you will want to finish one whole part of your presentation then move on to the next. But then by the time its due you would have finish half of your presentation and the other half undone! Then you would be rushing to finish it and you won't get a good grade.


I think I did okay on my performance. My script could have been better. But I told them all the information that I wanted to tell them. So I was happy about that. I think my powerpoint looked pretty! I had enough pictures and I had rehearshed my script so I didn't stumble over words. My presentatioin went by smoothly! I didn't forget to add something! And I got a good grade on it too. Over all I am happy with my presentation.
Images Courtesy of:





2 comments:

  1. Pratiti you knew what you were talking about when you said al the good things about your presentation, and you knew what you needed to work on, I found one grammatical error overall score 9.75/10 you presentation was very good and exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Pratiti, I think that you did a great job on your presentation and on the reflection. I couldn't find anything that was really wrong about your reflection, I think it was very interesting to listen to. GREAT JOB! :) :P :)

    ReplyDelete