cute tiger cub

Saturday, April 9, 2011

I had to leave because.....

Dear Asher, Hello Asher, I'm alive and I have Gabriel with me! I know that The Giver must have told everyone that I fell into the river and drowned, but that was a cover story. The truth is that I ran away. Don't bother asking people to look for me, because I'm already in elsewhere! You must be wondering why I would run away from the community, well there are many things that I learned while I was training with The Giver. I will tell you why I ran away! In our society everything is chosen for us! Our jobs, who we marry, our childrens names and many more things! There is no choice or freedom! You can't see colors, colors are wonderful and beautiful things but you can't see them! I have often wondered why you can't see colors. SoI asked The Giver and he said, "Our people made the choice, the choice to go into Sameness. Before my time, before the previous time, back and back and back. We relinquished color when we relinquished sunshine and did away with differences." Since our ancestors chose to go into Sameness you can't see colors! I can, because I'm the reciever of memories! You don't have real feelings! Like love, "While Jonas watched, the people began one by one to untie the ribbons on the packages, to unwrap the bright papers, open the boxes and reveal toys and clothing and books. There were cries of delight. They hugged one another. The small child went and sat on the lap of the old woman, and she rocked him and rubbed her cheek against his." That is love! There is real pain, anger, happiness, sadness and many more! But you never get to feel them because you are in the Sameness. Do you remember when I didn't want to play the good guys and bad guys game! Well when I saw you playing it I realized that it was a game of war! I have seen a memory of war! "Jonas heard a voice next to him. 'Water,' the voice said parched, croaking whisper. He turned his head toward the voice and looked inot the half-closed eyes of a boy who seemed not much older than himself. Dirt streaked the boys face and his matted blond hair. He lay sprawled, his gray uniform glistening with wet, fresh blood." Later on in the memory that boy died! That is war, when I saw you playing that game I thought of the boy and begged you not to play it, "'Don't play it anymore,' Jonas pleaded." That is why I need to leave! I want to chose things! I want my freedom! Do you know what they do when they release people? They kill them! Soon when my mother and father are in the house of old they will be killed! Or when identical twins are born the lighter one will be killed and I'm not lying I have seen my father kill a baby! My father was about to release Gabe and I will not let that happen! Thats why I took him too! There is so much more to life than what you think! It is not enough knowing, I have to experience it too! Sincerely Jonas, P.S. Dont tell anyone about this letter!

No comments:

Post a Comment